Sebi fines Rs 15 lakh on three entities for fraudulent trading in BSE's illiquid stock options
The regulator has levied a fine of Rs 5 lakh each on Baba Commercial & Finvest Pvt Ltd, Dewdrops Mercantiles Pvt Ltd and Clan Laboratories Pvt Ltd.
After observing large-scale reversal of trades in the illiquid stock options segment of the BSE, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) conducted a probe in the segment between April 2014 and September 2015.
The investigation showed that over 81 per cent of all the trades executed in the segment involved reversal of buy and sale positions by the clients and counter-parties in a contract that resulted into generation of artificial volumes.
The trades carried out by these entities were non-genuine in nature and created a misleading appearance of trading in the illiquid stock options contracts, where there was negligible participation by the public, the regulator said.By indulging in such activities, the entities have violated the provision of the PFUTP (Prohibition of Fraudulent and Unfair Trade Practices) norms, it added. AST HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- WazirX receives 1023 requests for data from law enforcement in October-March 2022
- Elon Musk was dating Amber Heard and finalizing a divorce around the time he's said to have sexually harassed a SpaceX flight attendant
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani
- Reserve Bank to pay ₹30,307 crore dividend payment to Centre for FY22