Sensex down over 245 pts in opening deals in line with Asian peers
The NSE gauge Nifty fell about 75 points to trade at 11,971 in early trade.
Analysts said worries persist over rising death toll and the economic fallout from the novel coronavirus.The death toll from China's coronavirus epidemic climbed to 1,868 on Tuesday as 98 more people died while the total number of confirmed cases jumped to 72,436.Advertisement
On Monday, the Sensex closed with losses of 202.05 points, or 0.49 per cent, at 41,055.69. While, the Nifty settled lower by 67.75 points or 0.56 per cent at 12,045.80.
Asian shares were also trading on a subdued note on Tuesday.Meanwhile, the rupee opened 11 paise lower at 71.42 against the US dollar in opening trade on Tuesday.
Foreign institutional investors had sold equities worth Rs 374.06 crore on a net basis on Monday, according to provisional exchange data. MKJ MKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Here's a look at how TCS, Infosys, and HCL Tech fared in bagging new deals
- New job openings and mandate wins, here’s how Gozoop is sailing smoothly despite the recession
- Here’s a checklist for international passengers arriving in India from August 8
- Flipkart and Amazon gear up for ‘sale day’ this week - smartphones, laptops, apparels and more come with deep discounts
- Draft defence policy aims to achieve ₹1.75 lakh crore turnover by 2025