Seven of top-10 cos lose Rs 2.82 lakh cr in m-cap; TCS, HDFC Bank hammered
During the last week, the BSE Sensex lost 2,224.64 points or 7.46 per cent as the coronavirus pandemic wreaked havoc on global financial markets.
The market capitalisation of TCS tumbled Rs 61,614.15 crore to Rs 6,20,794.53 crore.HDFC Bank's valuation tanked Rs 50,199.49 crore to Rs 4,46,065.35 crore and that of Kotak Mahindra Bank plummeted Rs 49,332.07 crore to Rs 2,18,021.18 crore. Advertisement
The market cap of HDFC dropped Rs 44,102.26 crore to Rs 2,59,703.22 crore and that of ICICI Bank fell by Rs 34,691.74 crore to Rs 1,85,436.82 crore.
Infosys' valuation declined Rs 28,996.74 crore to Rs 2,49,342.72 crore and that of Bharti Airtel went lower by Rs 13,611.62 crore to Rs 2,31,288.35 crore.In contrast, ITC's valuation advanced by Rs 18,315.42 crore to Rs 2,18,555.87 crore.
Likewise, RIL's market cap zoomed Rs 8,050.87 crore to Rs 6,83,499.82 crore and that of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) gained Rs 2,873.37 crore to Rs 4,66,210.02 crore.In the list of top-10 firms, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) held the number one rank, followed by TCS, HUL, HDFC Bank, HDFC, Infosys, Bharti Airtel, ITC, Kotak Mahindra Bank and ICICI Bank. SUM ABMABM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- SBM Bank India, Mastercard to facilitate cross border transactions, remittances
- Swiggy integrates 'premium' home delivery service Scootsy
- Private hospitals in Bihar not admitting patients with COVID-19 symptoms: NTPC
- COVID-19: Surat diamond polishing units shut till July 13
- Popular PS4 game Horizon Zero Dawn to be available on PCs from August 7