Shifting Gears: Uber will turn a profit this year … kind of
Happy Friday and welcome to Shifting Gears, Business Insider's roundup of everything that happened in
The coronavirus outbreak is still causing headaches not just for flyers - but also for cruise ships, cargo lines, and more. But it's not all bad news out there: Uber reported it will turn a profit (kind of) by the end of the year, Tesla's market value skyrocketed, and airline veteran David Neeleman launched a new US airline targeting oft-forgotten routes.
And in south Texas, SpaceX is accelerating its quest to build out its Mars spaceport, but some homeowners in the hamlet known as Boca Chica have something to say about it. Our own space correspondent Dave Mosher has the details.
Let's dive in:
Last Town Before Mars: A multipart series on SpaceX's quest to conquer Mars ... and a small hamlet in southern Texas
What on earth happened with Tesla
Uber might turn a profit this year, depending on who you ask
You could call this a $93,000 parachute
Electric-cars ads dominated the Super Bowl, which is more than we can say for the US auto market
UPS' CEO isn't afraid of a fight.
Moxy becomes Breeze
A cross-country day trip
GM and Ford had very different weeks.
But wait, there's more!
- The last Solar Eclipse of 2021: Date, time and everything you need to know
- Ahmedabad and Bengaluru see a big jump in hiring activity in November
- ‘Right person at the right time’ — Here’s a sneak-peek at economist Gita Gopinath’s journey so far
- The best Netflix alternatives to watch Korean dramas and movies in India
- Gartner predicts opt-out rate for mobile app tracking to decline by 2023 as Apple, Google aim to control it