Slashed interest rate needs quick transmission: FM
In a tweet, the Finance Minister also welcomed RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das' statement that the macro economic fundamentals of the Indian economy are sound, and in fact stronger than what they were in the aftermath of the global financial crisis of 2008-09.
"Appreciate @RBI @DasShaktikanta's reassuring words on financial stability," she said.The three-month moratorium on payments of term loan instalments (EMI) and interest on working capital give much-desired relief, she added.Advertisement
"...Slashed interest rate needs quick transmission," the Finance Minister said in another tweet.
Meanwhile, welcoming the RBI's decision to provide three months moratorium on payment of term loans, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal said said that amid this hour of need, the "move has provided a much needed relief to people and businesses".Besides other measures to help the economy facing lockdown, the RBI announced steps to release primary liquidity of Rs 1,37,000 crore in the banking system and reduced cash reserve ratio (CRR) by 100 basis points with effect from March 28 for one year. NKD BALBAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Optimistic about future despite COVID-19 situation: Ambuja Cement
- Bengal Chamber of Commerce braces for financial hurdle after property tax blow
- 2 CAPF jawans among 31 fresh COVID-19 cases in Himachal; tally reaches 1,172
- 316 new coronavirus cases, four deaths in Madhya Pradesh
- PTI tally of COVID-19 cases and deaths in India at 9:50pm