Slashed interest rate needs quick transmission: FM
In a tweet, the Finance Minister also welcomed RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das' statement that the macro economic fundamentals of the Indian economy are sound, and in fact stronger than what they were in the aftermath of the global financial crisis of 2008-09.
"Appreciate @RBI @DasShaktikanta's reassuring words on financial stability," she said.The three-month moratorium on payments of term loan instalments (EMI) and interest on working capital give much-desired relief, she added.
Meanwhile, welcoming the RBI's decision to provide three months moratorium on payment of term loans, Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal said said that amid this hour of need, the "move has provided a much needed relief to people and businesses".Besides other measures to help the economy facing lockdown, the RBI announced steps to release primary liquidity of Rs 1,37,000 crore in the banking system and reduced cash reserve ratio (CRR) by 100 basis points with effect from March 28 for one year. NKD BALBAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Delhi budget: Free Covid vaccine scheme at state-run hospitals; special women mohalla clinics
- Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat resigns
- Best Samsung mobile phones in India in March 2021
- Laxmi Organic IPO is slated to hit capital markets next week — price band set at ₹129-130 a share
- Tamil Nadu orders spot fine of ₹200 for not wearing a mask amid rising cases of COVID-19