SpiceJet to raise ₹2,500 crore, quarterly loss narrows
As per the company, business continues to be severely impacted by the second wave of Covid-19 pandemic which has adversely hit
The airline reported a net loss of ₹998.3 crore in
AdvertisementOn a segment wise basis, the revenue from cargo operations increased by 518 per cent aggregating to ₹1,117.5 crore for FY2021 with profit of Rs 130.9 crore for the full year against a loss of ₹134.2 crore for the previous year.
Furthermore, the company continues to incur various costs owing to the grounding and the inability of
"SpiceJet continues to engage with Boeing to recover damages incurred by the Company due to the grounding of the MAX and also engage with aircraft lessor of the grounded MAX aircraft to restructure the present leases."
Chairman and Managing Director
"To ensure our long term growth and sustainable operation we have decided to raise funds of up to ₹2,500 crore. These funds will be used to significantly strengthen our balance sheet."
He added: "With vaccination touching record numbers and travel demand slowly picking up, we hope that the worst is behind us but we remain extremely cautious about the future."
Advertisement"While there is still much work and recovery to be done we have managed to reduce our net loss in Q4 through re-structuring of our contracts which will have a significant positive impact in the long term."
Thousands of India's transgenders are missing vaccines due to fear, follies and lack of IDs
Asteroids contain metals worth quintillions of dollars — but mining them won’t necessarily make your richer than Bezos or Musk
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Best toddler bags for kids in India
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future