SpiceJet to raise ₹2,500 crore, quarterly loss narrows
As per the company, business continues to be severely impacted by the second wave of Covid-19 pandemic which has adversely hit
The airline reported a net loss of ₹998.3 crore in
On a segment wise basis, the revenue from cargo operations increased by 518 per cent aggregating to ₹1,117.5 crore for FY2021 with profit of Rs 130.9 crore for the full year against a loss of ₹134.2 crore for the previous year.
Furthermore, the company continues to incur various costs owing to the grounding and the inability of
"SpiceJet continues to engage with Boeing to recover damages incurred by the Company due to the grounding of the MAX and also engage with aircraft lessor of the grounded MAX aircraft to restructure the present leases."
Chairman and Managing Director
"To ensure our long term growth and sustainable operation we have decided to raise funds of up to ₹2,500 crore. These funds will be used to significantly strengthen our balance sheet."
He added: "With vaccination touching record numbers and travel demand slowly picking up, we hope that the worst is behind us but we remain extremely cautious about the future."
"While there is still much work and recovery to be done we have managed to reduce our net loss in Q4 through re-structuring of our contracts which will have a significant positive impact in the long term."
Thousands of India's transgenders are missing vaccines due to fear, follies and lack of IDs
Asteroids contain metals worth quintillions of dollars — but mining them won’t necessarily make your richer than Bezos or Musk
Popular on BI
- Shimla stipulated 75 ponds Amrit Sarovar for water conservation to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Mumbai breathes its cleanest air ever for the second time this monsoon
- Reliance Jio, Voda step up hiring as 5G related job postings up 65%
- Rupee gains 22 paise against the dollar as crude prices ease, FPIs come back
- Cabinet clears proposal to raise ECLGS corpus to Rs 5 lakh cr for tourism and hospitality sector