Sterling and Wilson Solar begins construction of 200MW solar project in Australia
The turnkey solar EPC (engineering procurement and construction) project -- Wellington Solar Farm -- is being developed by Lightsource BP, an independent global leader in the funding, development, acquisition and management of solar PV projects, Sterling and Wilson Solar said in a statement.
Wellington Solar Farm is a solar photovoltaic (PV) independent power project (IPP) being constructed on 490 Ha (hectare) of land, northeast of the town of Wellington in New South Wales.The project is planned to be commissioned by December 2020 and once operational, the plant will produce enough solar energy to power 70,000 homes, and save 336,000 tonnes of carbon emissions, which is the equivalent of taking 121,580 cars off the road, the statement added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS updated with M1 chip support
- GoaMiles, a new state-backed cab aggregator service in tourists' hub has the taxi drivers on strike for 10 days
- Amazon, Alibaba, Flipkart, Snapdeal and others get an angry letter from India's telecom regulator
- A newly found ‘super’ Earth only takes 2.4 days to complete a year
- A venture capitalist's advice for startups looking to raise money during this pandemic