Tata Power shares gain nearly 4 pc on 2-fold jump in Q4 profit
The scrip, which gained 6.95 per cent to Rs 34.60 during the day on the BSE, later closed at Rs 33.35, up 3.09 per cent.
It surged 3.69 per cent to close at Rs 33.65 on NSE.
In terms of traded volume, 52.38 lakh shares were traded on the BSE and over 9 crore shares on the NSE during the close of trade.
Tata Power on Tuesday posted a two-fold jump in its consolidated net profit to Rs 475 crore in the January-March quarter compared to the year-ago period.
The company's consolidated net profit was Rs 172 crore in the quarter ended on March 31, 2019, a company statement said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x