Tata Projects redraws project execution strategies due to COVID-19 pandemic
The construction sector is the second-largest employer in India after agriculture and is labour intensive.
"We are confident about overcoming this new challenge through emphasis on technological solutions and other proactive precautionary measures. We have redrawn our project execution strategies to ensure minimal workforce interaction at various project sites," Tata Projects Chief Strategy Officer Himanshu Chaturvedi said.
Meetings will be conducted digitally and instructions thereafter communicated to the on-site workforce through phones or other devices, Chaturvedi said adding that workers will be provided sanitisers, face masks and other protective gear.
In addition, medical professionals will be deployed to project sites to screen workers on a regular basis and all project sites will be thoroughly sanitised to ensure that it remains a safe place for workers to execute their tasks safely.
"Most importantly workers shall be counselled about the need for maintaining social distancing while providing them tips or instructions to ensure their well-being in these times," he said.Terming officials as the most important asset, the official said, "After the current restrictions are eased in the construction sector, we will be closely monitoring the situation while taking all the above mentioned initiatives to safeguard their health and well-being." NAM HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days