Tesla is expecting a production delay at its Chinese factory caused by the coronavirus
Costfoto / Barcroft Media via Getty Images
- Tesla expects a production delay of one to one-and-a-half weeks at its Shanghai factory due to a government-ordered shutdown prompted by the coronavirus.
- The shutdown won't have a significant impact on Tesla's first-quarter financial results, CFO Zach Kirkhorn said, as the Shanghai factory is not yet a major contributor to the electric-car maker's earnings.
- At least 170 people in China have died from the coronavirus, which has spread to all of the country's major regions.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
- 55% OFF
Glun Multipurpose Portable Electronic Digital Weighing Scale Weight Machine (10 Kg - with Back Light)₹ 358₹ 798Buy On
- 48% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Amaze Plus Electric Kettle with Stainless Steel Body, 1.5 litres boiler for Water, instant noodles, soup etc.₹ 625₹ 1195Buy On
- 40% OFF
Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS - 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr), Black₹ 748₹ 1245Buy On
- 49% OFF
VR 18 Pcs - 3 Different Size Plastic Food Snack Bag Pouch Clip Sealer Large, Medium, Small Plastic Snack Seal Sealing Bag Clips Vacuum Sealer (Set of 18, Multi-Color) (Multicolor)₹ 153₹ 299Buy On
- 46% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Cruise 1800 watt Induction Cooktop (Black)₹ 1728₹ 3193Buy On
On Wednesday, Tesla reported that its fourth-quarter financial results beat Wall Street's estimates. Tesla made an adjusted profit of $2.14 per share on revenue of $7.4 billion during the quarter, while financial analysts had expected an adjusted gain of $1.74 per share and $7.1 billion in revenue, according to Bloomberg.Over 7,700 people in China have contracted the coronavirus, at least 170 of whom have died from it. The virus has spread to each of China's 34 major regions.
Are you a current or former Tesla employee? Do you have an opinion about what it's like to work there? Contact this reporter at email@example.com. You can also reach out on Signal at 646-768-4712 or email this reporter's encrypted address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOW WATCH: Why food tastes different on planes
- Let budget bring resurgence, TN CM Stalin advises officials
- Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu bags bronze medal in women's singles badminton for India
- GST revenue collection for July rises by 33% with ₹1,16,393 crore
- Policy ignition: India's satellite navigation sector set for higher growth trajectory
- COVID-19 cases in Kerala are spiking due to good detection, better reporting and early easing of restrictions