Tesla's Cybertruck has been called 'ugly as sin.' Here are 12 other cars that are considered the ugliest ever produced.
- Tesla's Cybertruck was unveiled last Thursday to many scathing reviews on social media.
- Publications also took part in shaming the truck, including Forbes, which called the Cybertruck as "ugly as a sin" in a review of the reveal that compared the vehicle to the Pontiac Aztek.
- The Aztek has repeatedly been ranked as one of the ugliest cars ever built.
- Here are 11 other hideous cars that have graced American roads.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Tesla's Cybertruck was unveiled last week to much criticism over its geometric, futuristic appearance that was even called "one powerfully ugly vehicle" by Mashable.
However, Mashable wasn't the only publication to take hits at the new Tesla release. Forbes called the Cybertruck as "ugly as a sin" in a scathing review that paralleled the truck to the Pontiac Aztek. The Aztek has repeatedly been labeled one of the ugliest cars ever built.
Luckily for Tesla, peculiar-looking car designs don't necessarily entail poor sales. The Cybertruck received more than 200,000 pre-orders following the unveiling of the vehicle, and AMC's 1970s Gremlin, which was once called one of the most "most badly proportioned [cars] ever built" was one of the automaker's best-selling cars, according to Automotive News.
The same sale outcomes can't be said for Ford's Edsel though. The Ford, which was called "one of those ugly ducklings that never had a swan phase" by The New York Times, caused the automaker to lose $350 million.
Keep scrolling to see what has been called some of the ugliest cars ever created, including the Cybertruck:
1990 Pontiac Trans Sport
Chrysler PT Cruiser
2014 Lamborghini Veneno
- 'Harry Potter' had a chance to represent Indian kids like me, but all we got were Parvati and Padma Patil's atrocious Yule Ball outfits
- Manchester United owners are getting drawn to the world's biggest cricket league – here's why
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Twitter study reveals its algorithms amplify political tweets from right-leaning users
- After Facebook, Google is looking to invest in Meesho
- Intel CEO says global chip shortage will not end before 2023
- October 1-20 cumulative rainfall 39% more than normal, says IMD
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked by 35 paise for the third consecutive day across the country