These are the 5 leaders in the self-driving-car race
Tech companies and auto companies are all racing to be the first to roll out self-driving cars onto the road.The stakes are high for everyone involved. The self-driving revolution and the prevalence of ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft threatens to reduce individual car ownership, which would eat into a sizable piece of automakers' core business.Advertisement
Meanwhile, tech companies are jockeying for a piece of the self-driving-car market, which Apple CEO Tim Cook dubbed "the mother of all AI projects." These companies are all looking to deploy self-driving cars as part of a commercial ride-hailing service that would operate similarly to how Uber and Lyft do now.
In a new free report, Business Insider Intelligence - Business Insider's premium research service - takes an in-depth look at the most expansive self-driving-car tests taking place in the US, and offers insights on the leaders in the self-driving-car race.
To get your copy of this free report, click here.Axel Springer, Insider Inc.'s parent company, is an investor in Uber.
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar