This $46,000 camper trailer designed by a former NASA architect can sleep more than 4 adults - see inside
- TAXA Outdoors has unveiled the 2020 Mantis trailer that has a pop-up roof for extra sleeping space and ventilation.
- The trailer also includes a full-size bed, bunk beds, a kitchen, dining table, and an optional bathroom.
- The Mantis can sleep at least four people and seat six adults depending on configuration.
- It currently starts at $46,167.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
TAXA Outdoors has unveiled its 2020 trailer models, including the new Mantis, which has a pop-up roof for extra sleeping space and ventilation.TAXA has multiple trailer models currently on the market: the Cricket, Woolly Bear, Tiger Moth, and Mantis. However, the Mantis sleeps the most people out of all of the models: at least four adults can slumber inside.Advertisement
For the first time, the Mantis has a pop-up roof, as well as a rear ladder to make accessing the roof storage easier. The pop-up roof has the ability to increase the trailer's ventilation and the number of people who can sleep inside the Mantis. But other than pop-up roof sleeping, there are three beds onboard the Mantis: one full-sized bed and an optional bunk bed that also serves as a folding couch.
TAXA's founder, CEO, and chief designer is Garrett Finney, who has done some design work for a NASA office, which he told Cool Hunting inspired the company's designs.The Mantis, which has a steel chassis and aluminum panels, currently starts at $46,167. Keep scrolling to see the interior:
There’s a rear-door hatch for ventilation and easier access to the trailer.
The birch plywood-accented kitchen includes a two-burner stove, sink, and fridge.Advertisement
The dining table and lounging area in front of the rear door can seat up to four people.
There's a water heater, a 20-gallon fresh water tank, and a 22-gallon grey water tank.Advertisement
An optional bathroom includes a shower and a cassette toilet.
There's also an exterior shower that can be supplied by either hot or cold water.Advertisement
There are multiple exterior and interior LED lights, including a reading light.
There is also a furnace, a 110-volt, 6,000 BTU air conditioner, and multiple 12-volt accessory outlets and USB outlets on board.Advertisement
The trailer is 19-feet long which allows it to be stored in a garage, TAXA claims.
TAXA Outdoors also claims the flooring of the Mantis is non-slip.Advertisement
It has a cargo capacity of 1,088 pounds and weighs approximately 2,882 pounds without the optional add-ons.
It can sleep at least four adults and seat six in total.Advertisement
The main bed is full-sized and includes under bed storage. There’s also an optional folding couch that turns into a bunk bed.
An eight-foot exterior awning provides shade, while the windows are insulated and comes with screens and shades.Advertisement
The 15-inch wheels have all-terrain tires, which means it can be used both on and off-road, according to Utires.
The maximum interior width is six-foot, 10 inches. The interior height ranges from four-foot, seven inches to 6-foot, 11 inches, depending on whether it's opened or closed.Advertisement
- Former India team cricketer Laxmi Ratan Shukla's wife tests COVID-19 positive
- High blood sugar without previous diabetes diagnosis linked to COVID-19 death risk: Study
- Surgeons led by Indian-origin doctor perform double lung transplant on second COVID-19 patient
- Elderly man succumbs to COVID-19 in Puducherry, 64 fresh cases
- COVID-19: Goa to launch campaign to encourage plasma donation