This $46,000 camper trailer designed by a former NASA architect can sleep more than 4 adults - see inside
- TAXA Outdoors has unveiled the 2020 Mantis trailer that has a pop-up roof for extra sleeping space and ventilation.
- The trailer also includes a full-size bed, bunk beds, a kitchen, dining table, and an optional bathroom.
- The Mantis can sleep at least four people and seat six adults depending on configuration.
- It currently starts at $46,167.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
TAXA Outdoors has unveiled its 2020 trailer models, including the new Mantis, which has a pop-up roof for extra sleeping space and ventilation.
TAXA has multiple trailer models currently on the market: the Cricket, Woolly Bear, Tiger Moth, and Mantis. However, the Mantis sleeps the most people out of all of the models: at least four adults can slumber inside.
For the first time, the Mantis has a pop-up roof, as well as a rear ladder to make accessing the roof storage easier. The pop-up roof has the ability to increase the trailer's ventilation and the number of people who can sleep inside the Mantis. But other than pop-up roof sleeping, there are three beds onboard the Mantis: one full-sized bed and an optional bunk bed that also serves as a folding couch.
TAXA's founder, CEO, and chief designer is Garrett Finney, who has done some design work for a NASA office, which he told Cool Hunting inspired the company's designs.
The Mantis, which has a steel chassis and aluminum panels, currently starts at $46,167. Keep scrolling to see the interior: