This list of the 10 new cars owners keep the longest reveals just how much American love their SUVs and sports cars
- The new cars that owners keep the longest are mostly sports cars and SUVs, according to a study by iSeeCars.com.
- The only car on the list that isn't a sports car or SUV is the Toyota Avalon, a full-size sedan.
- The longest retained new car is the Toyota Land Cruiser, which owners keep for an average of 11.4 years.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The new cars that owners keep the longest before reselling are mostly sports cars and SUVs, according to a study by car search engine iSeeCars.com.Most owners keep their new cars for an average of 8.4 years, but the ten vehicles on the list averaged 9.7 to 11.4 years.Advertisement
Almost all the sports cars on the list - with the exception of the Porsche 911 in the coupe body style - are the convertible versions. iSeeCars CEO Phong Ly claims this is because convertibles are the least-driven type of car and typically amass 60% fewer miles than the average car. prepared statement. "Because sports cars aren't typically used as primary vehicles, owners likely aren't as concerned with having the latest and greatest technology and safety features."
iSeeCars.com analyzed over 5 million cars to identify which models were kept the longest before being sold by their original owners between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2018. Cars owned for less than five years were excluded from the data set.Check out the new cars owners keep the longest:Get the latest Ford stock price here.Advertisement
10. Toyota Avalon
9. Toyota SequoiaAdvertisement
8. Porsche 911
7. Toyota 4RunnerAdvertisement
6. Ford Mustang
5. Ford ExpeditionAdvertisement
4. Audi TT
3. Mercedes-Benz SL-ClassAdvertisement
2. Chevrolet Corvette
1. Toyota Land CruiserAdvertisement
- Chinese city sounds alert for bubonic plague
- Rupee rises 14 paise to 74.52 against US dollar in early trade
- Zydus Cadila gets approval from Mexican authority to test COVID-19 drug
- Walgreens, NZ-based Stuff join 'boycott Facebook' campaign
- The story behind Geometry Encompass’ anthem ‘We Got This’ with Ankur Tewari and Clinton Cerejo