This tiny $55 device sold in Apple stores lets you easily connect your AirPods to in-flight movies on an airplane
- A bluetooth transmitter is an easy way to connect wireless headphones to an audio jack, like on a plane.
- Starting today, Twelve South's AirFly Pro bluetooth transmitter is available in Apple stores.
- The adapter is available for $55.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple stores are now selling a $55 solution for when you forget to bring your old headphones on a plane, or any time you want to use your AirPods or Beats but there isn't a bluetooth connection.The Twelve South AirFly Pro bluetooth transmitter plugs into a headphone jack, which you can then connect to your AirPods and tune in to in-flight movies. Conveniently, you can even pair 2 sets of AirPods to the same AirFly Pro, so whoever you're traveling with can watch the same movie. Apple's website says "Think of AirFly Pro as a headphone splitter for wireless headphones."
Apple says the battery lasts for up to 16 hours, so you should be set even on long-haul flights.You can buy the AirFly Pro for $55 now. Here's the rundown:
The transmitter is compatible with all generations of AirPods.
It recharges via USB-C.Advertisement
You can also use it for audio in a car that doesn't have bluetooth connectivity.
- Argentine Football legend Diego Maradona, 60, dead
- Bengal Minister Hakim likely to take part in Covaxin Phase-3 trial
- Headspace to offer unlimited access to students from IIT and IIM in India for six months
- Cyclone Nivar likely to cross coast tonight, TN CM declares one more day holiday
- Delhi's air quality deteriorates to 'severe' category due to slow winds