Traders to protest against Amazon chief Bezos' India visit
The traders' body alleged that his visit was to build a "false narrative" that e-commerce major is empowering small traders through its portal.
Bezos is likely to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi and officials, besides industry leaders, according to sources.Confederation Of All India Traders (CAIT) has been claiming that Amazon and Walmart-owned Flipkart offers deep discounts and engaged in unfair business practices.
The traders' body has also sought an audience with the Prime Minister, prior to his meeting with Bezos, to apprise him about the "sinister game and evil design of Amazon business game which has already destroyed business of lakhs of small traders in the country".The traders across the country will observe January 15 as National Protest Day, under which Bezos visit will be strongly opposed by gathering of traders by holding Halla Bol Rally and Sit-In in different cities of all states of the country," CAIT Secretary General Praveen Khandelwal said. RSN LUX BAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- The COVID-19 crisis in India is getting worse with state administrations trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings