Watch out for Farid Ahsan, who has a finger on the pulse of Bharat users, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the
Global Trends Festivalhere.
In a world crowded with messaging apps,
Ahsan says that it is easy to move an elephant rather than a herd of sheep. Instead of going after users who prefer English, they went after those who do not engage on Instagram and Twitter to create their own ‘space’ where they will not be subject to judgement for the kind of content they consume. Ahsan says that their app is a replacement for Google itself as their users barely use search applications.
This sweet spot that they hit did not come as intuition or an epiphany. For a team that has been innovating since the time they were in a dorm room, the reason behind their success after 14 failures is that they used a data-based approach.
The ShareChat team observed that Indian languages' engagement was much higher than what they saw in English. They soon removed English from the app, dedicating it to 'Bharat,' the millions of underserved Indians outside the English-speaking users in India, who are ambitious and aspirational. When asked why he took this bold decision, Ahsan says, "All Indians are bilingual."
Apart from being a founder and a visionary of sorts, Ahsan is also an expert on 'Bharat users' - what they want, and even how they think. At the Global Trends event, Ahsan will speak on 'The Next 200 million' at a fireside chat, which will discuss the key spokes that hold e-commerce and social media together --- the enabler, the platform, and the influencer.
Watch out for Nandini Piramal on breaking barriers, and transforming businesses at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Catch Kavin Mittal, one of India’s youngest billionaire entrepreneurs, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Watch Sangita Reddy, President, FICCI, speak about women entrepreneurship and economic leadership at the Global Trends Festival 2020
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases