Watch out for Nandini Piramal on breaking barriers, and transforming businesses at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Business Insider Global Trends Festival
- Global Trends Festival is one of the world's most prestigious events which will be live from Oct 19-23.
- While nobel laureates, some of the biggest political and corporate icons will provide thought leadership, it's a great platform to network with CXOs from around the world.
- Global Trends Festival 2020 is presented by AWS.
- Register for the
Global Trends Festivalhere.
Nandini joined the Piramal Group in 2009. And a year later, she played an instrumental role in the sale of Piramal Healthcare’s main formulations business to Abbott in a multi-billion dollar deal. However, the Oxford and Stanford educated Nandini has no intention of giving up on the pharma business.
She carved her niche with the OTC or over-the-counter drugs business. When she took over, the company had six brands and ranked 40 in an industry crowded with FMCG majors like Dabur and Unilever and pharma majors like Cipla and Sun Pharma.
Since then, she has been acquiring OTC brands, re-launching products, and improving distribution with phenomenal results. Some of its brands, like Saridon and i-Pill, are amongst the top sellers within their category.
When the COVID-19 pandemic spread across the world, the unit also quickly launched sanitizers, wipes, and much more to cater to the growing demand in a new world. Nandini dons multiple hats and also heads HR and IT at the Piramal Group. She credits most of her success to being the daughter of a working mother, apart from being one herself.
At the Global Trends Festival 2020, she will share insights on the need to increase women’s participation in the economy and help transform India’s potential.
Catch Kavin Mittal, one of India’s youngest billionaire entrepreneurs, at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Watch Sangita Reddy, President, FICCI, speak about women entrepreneurship and economic leadership at the Global Trends Festival 2020
Watch out for Prajakta Koli, the social media queen at the Global Trends Festival 2020
- OPINION: “I would bet on Novovax,” a doctor’s take on how to make the COVID-19 vaccine jabs more effective
- Aishwarya Pissay, a champion motorcyclist, describes what it takes to ace the circuit
- Mandatory 14-days quarantine for Delhi residents returning from Kumbh Mela, says Delhi Disaster Management Authority
- Check out the youngest players in IPL 2021
- JEE Mains entrance exam postponed amid surge in COVID-19 cases