Xiaomi’s Mi Credit promises to give you a loan by the time you order and finish a cup of coffee
Xiaomitoday launched Mi Credit– a personal loan offering in India.
- Mi Credit will offer personal loans upto ₹1 lakh.
- Xiaomi launched its payment wallet –
Mi Paywas launched in March 2018 which now has 21.6 million users.
Xiaomi’s Mi Credit feature will disburse loans in five minutes or as
Mi Credit will offer personal loans upto ₹1 lakh, after one registers on the platform with relevant details. A user can also check their credit score through the app without having to ask for a loan.
So what led the
According to a BCG report, India’s online credit lending industry will be worth $1 trillion by 2023.
But Xiaomi is not new to financial services. In China, the smartphone maker has already disbursed ₹1 lakh crore in loans since its launch in 2015 and for all of its financial services – payment, credit, wealth and insurance, it has a user base of 45 million.
In India, Xiaomi launched its payment wallet – Mi Pay was launched in March 2018 and today has 21.6 million users.
Xiaomi is one of the biggest smartphone makers in India with a 27% market share. Xiaomi gained popularity in India for its affordable smartphones. With 12.6 million shipments in the third quarter of 2019, it is also the number one vendor in India's smartphone market, according to International Data Corporation.
Xiaomi, Samsung and others have Flipkart and Amazon to thank for record shipment of smartphones — but it’s not good enough
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar