Yes Bank restructures salary of senior leadership team
The move to allocate 30 per cent of the total cost to company as variable pay is applicable to the "leadership team" for FY21, an official statement from the bank said, without detailing who are part of the team.
Generally variable pay to staff is linked to the commercial success of an entity or other specified milestones. The move comes at a time when there are widespread concerns on employment, with a lot of firms even retrenching workers.Within the banking industry, its larger rival Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced pay cuts for all the employees earning above Rs 25 lakh per annum. Advertisement
"COVID-19 situation has exacerbated the gradually slowing growth momentum in the global economy and the revival of the economy will, to a great extent, depend on the robustness of the financial services sector," the Yes Bank statement said.
The bank is appreciative of the leadership team for their "unstinted support, demonstrating the highest level of ownership and commitment", it added.Earlier, the bank had contributed Rs 10 crore to the PM-CARES Fund.
Its employees had also voluntarily contributed an amount equal to one day's salary to the fund to support ongoing relief efforts to combat COVID-19. AA BAL BAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Bengaluru’s week-long lockdown starts today — check what’s allowed and what’s prohibited
- Mukesh Ambani’s $72 billion fortune makes him richer than Elon Musk and Google’s Larry Page and Sergey Brin
- Sony launches new wireless speaker range in India
- NASA astronauts to conduct a pair of spacewalks this month
- Researchers develop tester to check fabric's ability to stay dry