Yes Bank shares climb over 3 pc after funding announcement
The scrip jumped 3.22 per cent to Rs 70.50 on the BSE.
At the NSE, it gained 1.46 per cent to Rs 69.30.However, later it gave up all its early gains and was quoting 2.34 per cent lower at Rs 66.70 at 1140 hrs on the BSE. Advertisement
Ending weeks of suspense, Yes Bank on Friday said eight investors led by Erwin Singh Braich have evinced interest to pump USD 2 billion into the lender.
The board of directors of the bank will reconvene on December 10 to finalise and approve details of capital infusion, which will take place through preferential allotment, it informed the exchanges.The investors who have shown interest also include Aditya Birla Family Office and Rekha Jhunjhunwala, wife of market investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, who have committed USD 25 million each, the bank said.
The largest investor is Braich/SPGP Holding which has committed USD 1.2 billion, followed by Citax Holding which has committed USD 500 million, the bank said, adding that discussions with Braich/SPGP are going on and expected to be concluded shortly. SUM BAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- IPO rush this week — CAMS, Chemcon and Angel Broking gear up to hit the market
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart