Zomato distributes 5 lakh ration kits among daily wagers affected by COVID-19
The initiative was launched to help the daily wagers who have lost their livelihood due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Zomato Feeding India, the CSR arm of Zomato, has partnered with local NGOs, district administration and volunteers to identify families in need and ensure responsible distribution of the kits, the company said in a statement.All the donations received are used in procurement and distribution of the ration kits, which are distributed by over 140 local NGOs, it added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Sonu Sood to launch blood bank app to connect donors with those in urgent need of blood
- India has the third highest number of women in senior management positions globally, according to Grant Thornton
- RIL, banks lift Sensex 1100 points higher, Nifty tops 15,200 mark
- Gujarat's annual budget for the next financial year has a surplus of ₹588 crore
- COVID-19 vaccine doses will available around the clock in India