Airtel acquires Gurgaon-based logistics tech startup Quikmile
Airtelacquired Gurgaon-based Quikmilefor an undisclosed amount.
- Quikmile’s team will now work for Airtel’s innovation lab –
Airtel X Labs.
- The one-year old company Quikmile helps in easy monitoring of fleet management – from engine behaviour, tire conditions, mileage etc.
AdvertisementIndian telecom giant Airtel has acquired Gurgaon-based Quikmile for an undisclosed amount. Quikmile is a startup that builds tech-enabled logistics platforms.
Making it an acqui-hire, Quikmile’s team will now work for Airtel’s innovation lab – Airtel X Labs.
“India is now amongst the largest economies in the world but has a highly disorganized and inefficient logistics sector. We see a massive opportunity to solve problems for this segment through scalable technology solutions and workforce management platforms that will make organisations much more efficient,” said Harmeen Mehta, Global CIO and Director – Engineering, Bharti Airtel.
The one-year old company Quikmile aids easy monitoring of fleet management – from engine behaviour, tire conditions, mileage etc.
Airtel has a supply chain management function, where it has a team of supply chain subject matter experts and execution teams operating under different business divisions across the country.
Earlier in October, Airtel also picked up a stake in Bengaluru-based AI startup Vahanthrough its startup accelerator programme.
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- A second giant 'hole' has appeared on the sun, and it could send 1.8 million mph solar winds towards Earth
- We used ChatGPT to plan international trips - here’s a tour of the results!
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- US visa rules ease: Now H-1B visa holders' spouses can work in the US
- Centre gives full basic customs duty exemption on import of drugs for rare diseases
- Rev your engines: Honda Activa 125 2023 launched in India with new features and variants
- Ancient DNA is restoring the origin story of the Swahili people of the East African coast