Airtel acquires Gurgaon-based logistics tech startup Quikmile
Airtelacquired Gurgaon-based Quikmilefor an undisclosed amount.
- Quikmile’s team will now work for Airtel’s innovation lab –
Airtel X Labs.
- The one-year old company Quikmile helps in easy monitoring of fleet management – from engine behaviour, tire conditions, mileage etc.
AdvertisementIndian telecom giant Airtel has acquired Gurgaon-based Quikmile for an undisclosed amount. Quikmile is a startup that builds tech-enabled logistics platforms.
Making it an acqui-hire, Quikmile’s team will now work for Airtel’s innovation lab – Airtel X Labs.
“India is now amongst the largest economies in the world but has a highly disorganized and inefficient logistics sector. We see a massive opportunity to solve problems for this segment through scalable technology solutions and workforce management platforms that will make organisations much more efficient,” said Harmeen Mehta, Global CIO and Director – Engineering, Bharti Airtel.
The one-year old company Quikmile aids easy monitoring of fleet management – from engine behaviour, tire conditions, mileage etc.
Airtel has a supply chain management function, where it has a team of supply chain subject matter experts and execution teams operating under different business divisions across the country.
Earlier in October, Airtel also picked up a stake in Bengaluru-based AI startup Vahanthrough its startup accelerator programme.
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk said Twitter will start showing users how many people have seen their tweets, and got Jack Dorsey's approval
- A janitor laid off at Twitter's headquarters said one of Elon Musk's team members told him he'd be replaced by robots
- Adani Group to have two nominees on NDTV's board after proposal approved
- Cyclone Mandous weakens into deep depression after crossing coast in TN
- India abstains on UNSC resolution exempting aid from sanctions, says terror groups in neighbourhood take advantage of carve-outs
- BSF, Pak Rangers exchange fire along international border in Rajasthan
- Indians report unexpected rise in heart attacks, says survey
- WHO concerned over increasing antibiotic resistance in human infections