Airtel acquires Gurgaon-based logistics tech startup Quikmile
Airtelacquired Gurgaon-based Quikmilefor an undisclosed amount.
- Quikmile’s team will now work for Airtel’s innovation lab –
Airtel X Labs.
- The one-year old company Quikmile helps in easy monitoring of fleet management – from engine behaviour, tire conditions, mileage etc.
AdvertisementIndian telecom giant Airtel has acquired Gurgaon-based Quikmile for an undisclosed amount. Quikmile is a startup that builds tech-enabled logistics platforms.
Making it an acqui-hire, Quikmile’s team will now work for Airtel’s innovation lab – Airtel X Labs.
“India is now amongst the largest economies in the world but has a highly disorganized and inefficient logistics sector. We see a massive opportunity to solve problems for this segment through scalable technology solutions and workforce management platforms that will make organisations much more efficient,” said Harmeen Mehta, Global CIO and Director – Engineering, Bharti Airtel.
The one-year old company Quikmile aids easy monitoring of fleet management – from engine behaviour, tire conditions, mileage etc.
Airtel has a supply chain management function, where it has a team of supply chain subject matter experts and execution teams operating under different business divisions across the country.
Earlier in October, Airtel also picked up a stake in Bengaluru-based AI startup Vahanthrough its startup accelerator programme.
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- New Airtel and Reliance Jio prepaid plans compared
- Mobile accessories company Balaji Solutions files initial papers for public listing
- Ratan Tata launches Goodfellows which helps senior citizens make friends
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Concord Biotech files for an IPO
- Ather 450X Gen 3 vs Ola S1 vs TVS iQube S – price, specs and features compared