Dream11 parent co raises $400 million from Netflix, Airbnb investor – valuation doubles to $5 billion
- The secondary investment round was led by TCV, D1 Capital Partners and Falcon Edge.
- Interestingly, TCV is an early investor in companies like Netflix, Airbnb.
Dream11's valuationhas doubled to $5 billion with the latest funding.
Dream11's parent company Dreamsports has raised $400 million in its latest funding round. With the same, the sportstech platform's valuation has reportedly almost doubled to $5 billion.
Dream11's new valuation brings it to the league of India's most valued unicorns like Paytm ($16 billion), BYJU'S ($12 billion), OYO ($9 billion), Zomato ($5 billion) among others.
The secondary investment round was led by investors TCV, D1 Capital Partners and Falcon Edge, while the company's earlier investors Tiger Global, ChrysCapital, TPG Growth, Steadview Capital and Footpath Ventures too participated in the round.
Earlier in August last year, Dream Sports had raised $225 million from Tiger Global, TPG Tech Adjacencies (TTAD), ChrysCapital and Footpath Ventures.
Interestingly, TCV is an early investor in companies like Netflix, Airbnb.
"India is home to the world's largest and most energetic sports fan base with a dynamic mix that is unique to the subcontinent. Dream Sports is serving this community with a highly innovative product offering,” said Gopi Vaddi, general partner at TCV.
Dream11's funding comes as the Indian Premier League is set to take place between April and May, 2021. The fantasy gaming platform sees a majority of its revenue coming from the IPL.
The 13-year old startup had also become the title sponsor for the last edition of the Indian Premier League.
Last year, the company had also entered into sports merchandising.
Dream11's parent firm gets $225 million in fresh funds – valuation could hit $2.5 billion for the gaming unicorn
Peter Thiel-backed VC firm Valar Ventures invests in Indian fintech startup Velocity
Lending platform KreditBee raises $70 million in its series C round, a month after it got $75 million
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years
- Exploring the nutritional marvel of Gond laddu: A winter delight