Dunzo lost ₹169 crore last year – Swiggy Go may make this year even tougher
- Dunzo has registered a loss of ₹168.9 crores in FY19.
- Its revenue from operations stood at ₹76.59 lakh.
- Dunzo wants to hit 17 million monthly transactions by 2020, which could possibly mean more investment and more burning of cash.
Hyperlocal delivery startup Dunzo has registered a loss of ₹168.9 crores in FY19 for a wafer thin revenue of ₹76.59 lakh. Its losses have grown eight times over, whereas its revenue even with a five-fold increase is still minuscule compared to its losses.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 39% OFF
Samsung 32 inch (81.28 cm) M7 Smart Monitor with Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video and Apple TV Streaming (LS32AM700UWXXL, Black)₹ 33299₹ 33299Buy On
- 14% OFF
HP Pavilion 14, Intel 11th Gen i5 16GB RAM/512GB SSD 14 inch(35.6 cm) Laptop, FHD IPS Anti-Glare Display/Iris X Graphics/Backlit KB/B&O Audio/Fingerprint Reader/Win 11/Thin & Light/1.41kg, 14-dv1001TU₹ 72200₹ 72200Buy On
- 35% OFF
Seagate One Touch 2TB External HDD with Password Protection – Black, for Windows and Mac, with 3 yr Data Recovery Services, and 4 Months Adobe CC Photography (STKY2000400)₹ 5114₹ 5114Buy On
- 39% OFF
Airtel AMF-311WW Data Card (Black), 4g Hotspot Support with 2300 Mah Battery₹ 1999₹ 1999Buy On
- 22% OFF
Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 2021 Intel Core i5 11th Gen 14 inches FHD IPS Business Laptop (8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/MS Office/Backlit/Fingerprint Reader/Arctic Grey/1.41kg), 82H700KTIN₹ 57490₹ 57490Buy On
According to reports, Dunzo’s total revenue for the year stood at ₹3.5 crore, with ₹2.8 crore coming in from “other income”.
The Google-backed Dunzo recently raised $45 million in a series D round from Lightbox, 3L Capital and others. It was reportedly valued at $200 million then. Dunzo was Google’s first direct investment in India.
Dunzo is registering half a million monthly transactions but in an earlier interview with Business Insider, Kabeer Biswas, co-founder and CEO of the company had said that they are aiming for 17 million monthly transactions by the end of 2020.
But the four-year-old startup also has new and big competition. The much more experienced and heavily funded unicorn Swiggy entered its category with
Now, Swiggy entered the space with a ready fleet of delivery executives and an established name, which would make it difficult for Dunzo as it aims to expand to 20 cities.
Popular on BI
- EXCLUSIVE: CoinDCX plans to hire more than 2,000 people this year — and they are not just looking at coders
- Amazon Sale 2022: Deals and offers on daily essential products
- Reliance Retail buys 54% stake in robotics firm Addverb Tech for $132 million
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 – best deals on smartwatches and fitness bands
- After Maruti, now Tata Motors raises car prices marginally