Delhi, not Bengaluru, is the startup capital of India, says Economic Survey
- Delhi has replaced Bengaluru as the startup capital of India, reveals the
Economic Surveyof 2022.
- Delhi has over 5,000 recognised startups, while Bengaluru has 4,500.
- As many as 555 districts of India had one new startup in 2021.
AdvertisementBengaluru, popularly known as the Silicon Valley of India, is not the startup capital of the country anymore, the country’s annual Economy Survey of 2022 has revealed. Instead, national capital Delhi now adorns this title.
“Over the recent years, Delhi has replaced
The survey also revealed that Maharashtra has the highest number of recognised startups.
According to the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal trade (DPIIT), a company is recognised as a startup till 10 years after its incorporation. These companies should have a revenue threshold of ₹100 crore.
The Economic survey revealed that India has close to 61,400 recognised startups, as of January 10 this year. As many as 555 districts of India had one new startup in 2021. Only 121 districts had one startup in fiscal year 2017, the report highlighted.
AGS Transact Technologies makes a weak listing with ₹1 profit for IPO investors
Experts say the rupee is likely to weaken against the US dollar this year
Simply put, the charge on the Modi government is that it lied to the Parliament about buying Pegasus spyware and it must respond
Popular on BI
- Flights could get bumpier as climate change makes air turbulence much more frequent
- A Swiggy user from Hyderabad spends Rs 6 lakh ordering idlis in a year
- Repo rate hike will slow down real estate, reverse post-Covid trends, says industry body to RBI
- Small stocks lag behind in FY23; take bigger hit than bluechip firms
- Tamil Nadu says 'nahi to dahi' over Hindi name on curd packets