Facebook-backed Meesho raises $300 million from SoftBank Vision Fund 2 – valuation jumps to over $2 billion
Meeshois a marketplace for resellers, and connects them with customers via social media channels like WhatsApp and
SoftBank Vision Fund2 led the round, it also saw participation from Meesho’s existing investors Prosus Ventures, Facebook, Shunwei Capital, Venture Highway and Knollwood Investment.
- The social commerce platform will be hiring across verticals — technology, product, and business, among others.
The round also saw participation from Meesho’s existing investors Prosus Ventures, Facebook, Shunwei Capital, Venture Highway and Knollwood Investment.
Meesho is a marketplace for resellers and connects them with customers via social media channels like WhatsApp and Facebook. In the last one year, Meesho claims to have helped 13 million entrepreneurs through its platform.
“We are focused on expanding our vision — from helping aspiring women entrepreneurs to creating Meesho as a single ecosystem that will enable all small businesses in India to succeed online. In the last one year, we have seen tremendous growth across small businesses and entrepreneurs seeking to move their businesses online. And with our new vision we will enable 100 million small businesses to start, succeed and lead their operations online with Meesho as their partner in their journey,” said Vidit Aatrey, founder and chief executive officer of Meesho in a statement.
With the latest funds, the social commerce platform will be hiring across verticals — technology, product, and business, among others.
“By using the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning, Meesho has created a platform for many small business owners to sell to the next cohort of internet users,” said Munish Varma, managing partner at SoftBank Investment Advisers in a statement.
Here’s a look at what is allowed and what is not during the weekend lockdown and night curfew in Maharashtra
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry