Former Paytm Money CEO launches his own financial services platform with an investment from Mirae, and several other major startup founders
- Pravin Jadhav, the former managing director and chief executive officer of Paytm Money, has launched his own financial services platform – Raise Financial Services.
- Raise will offer financial services across financing, insurance, investments, payments and wealth.
- The startup’s seed funding round is led by Mirae Asset Venture Investments, which is an India-focussed fund launched by South Korean firm Mirae in January 2021.
“This time I am not starting from scratch, I am starting from my experiences. I have done it before, and I aim to do it again – raise the bar! This time even higher with Raise Financial Services,” he wrote in a blog.
Jadhav wrote that Raise will offer ‘technology-led consumer products & infrastructure services to serve Indians with financial services (across financing, insurance, investments, payments and wealth).’
AdvertisementThe startup has raised investments from Mirae Asset Venture Investments, which is an India-focussed fund launched by South Korean firm Mirae in January 2021. Raise is their first investment through the fund. It has also raised investments from Multi-Act Private Equity, Blume Ventures and US based early-stage investor Social Leverage, among multiple other startup founders.
Here are some of the founders and startup leaders who have pooled in to invest in Raise, and interestingly many operate in the financial services space themselves
|Kunal Shah||Cred, Freecharge|
|Amod Malviya & Sujeet Kumar||Udaan|
|Sameer Nigam & Rahul Chari||PhonePe|
|Amrish Rau||Pine Labs, Citrus Pay|
|Jitendra Gupta||Jupiter, Citrus Pay|
|Kuldeep Dhankar||Clevertap, Microsoft, Nokia|
The Mumbai-based startup is now hiring aggressively across leadership roles.
A candid Kavin Mittal admits his mistakes as he reinvents Hike and plans fresh fundraising this year
CarbonWatch — India’s first mobile app to calculate your carbon footprint falls short of its promises
- A newly found ‘super’ Earth only takes 2.4 days to complete a year
- A venture capitalist's advice for startups looking to raise money during this pandemic
- Into the wild: Epic pictures of magnificent beasts in their natural environment
- India clocks over 200,000 COVID-19 cases for a third day in a row
- Indian-origin scientist spots genes that fight Covid infection