Google, Facebook, Square alum and Pinterest board member Gokul Rajaram joins Indian fintech company Pine Labs as an advisor
- Gokul Rajaram has joined Indian fintech company Pine Labs as its advisor.
- Rajaram currently serves on the board of Coinbase, Pinterest, The Trade Desk, and is also a part of the executive team of DoorDash – the US-based food delivery startup.
- Meanwhile, Pine Labs plans to expand its presence across Asian markets.
Rajaram had joined DoorDash in November 2019 after completing a six-year stint as Product Engineering Lead at Square – the American financial services and payments company founded by Twitter founder Jack Dorsey.
He has also earlier worked as the Product Director of Ads at Facebook and on the Google AdSense program as a Product Management Director.
Advertisement“Indian payments is undergoing change, and this will have a tremendous impact on how small merchants conduct their business. I am excited to help and guide Pine Labs as they go about their plans for merchant financial services and digitisation,” said Rajaram, an IIT Kanpur and MIT graduate.
Pine Labs has recently made several appointments at the executive level.
Other major appointments at Pine Labs this year
|Nitish Asthana||President & COO||July, 2020|
|Amrish Rau||CEO||March, 2020|
Pine Labs – the unicorn eyes Asian markets
With its presence across India, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East, Pine Labs claims to process payments worth $30 billion per year and serves 140,000 merchants across its 450,000 network points.
The company now plans to expand its presence across Asian markets.
The merchant commerce platform Pine Labs was founded in 1998. Over time, the company rode the technology wave, and offers point-of-sale machines and solutions to merchants.
The startup has raised over $207 million. In January 2020, the company raised funding from Mastercard to become the country’s first unicorn of the year.
Mitron TV secures its third funding since its launch six months ago as it builds on its Atmanirbhar strategy
- LinkedIn's latest survey shows hiring in India was up by 30% in September
- Payments startup Cashfree cashes in a $35 million cheque from Apis Growth Fund II
- Depression intensifies into cyclone Nivar, to cross TN, Puducherry coast tomorrow: IMD
- Google Pay to remove payments on web app, will start charging transfer fee
- Narendra Modi, Sonu Sood and Anand Mahindra top Indian Twitter engagement in October 2020, shows report