Hike brings on board OYO’s tech honcho to lead its engineering
Hikehas appointed Suvesh Malhotra as its VP and head of engineering.
- Malhotra takes on the position at Hike after spending three years at
- Malhotra’s appointment comes at a time when Hike has been
hiringin full power and also strengthening its leadership team.
Prior to OYO, the IIT-graduate Malhotra worked at Amazon and StepOut. At Hike, Malhotra will focus on his consumer tech expertise and work with three focus sectors – Art, Artificial Intelligence and consumer delight.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
“Social is a space I have always been passionate about. The advancements in technology today have opened the doors for tremendous innovation. Kavin's vision for a new social future is big and exciting and I’m thrilled to join the stellar team at Hike to redefine the way social products are built,” said Suvesh Malhotra, VP & Head of Engineering, Hike in a statement.
Malhotra’s appointment comes at a time when Hike has been hiring in full power and also strengthening its leadership team. In June, Hike had appointed Seema Chawla as its VP & Head of Marketing. Chawla had previously worked with Disney and Ajio.com.
In June, Hike had also launched its much-awaited HikeLand – a virtual world for friends to hang out, watch movies, chat, and more.
Hike founder Kavin Bharti Mittal has often said that 2020 is the year Hike finally turns its focus on revenues to start making money. The Hike sticker chat now has 2 million weekly active users and with HikeLand Mittal is betting on the numbers to grow.
TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer leaves the company in just four months as ‘political dynamics’ changed what he signed up for
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech to buy Pune-based digital engineering firm CueLogic
- Canadian edtech unicorn ApplyBoard to 'step up' growth in India, raises $300 million in external investment
- Best 43-inch smart LED TVs for small and medium sized rooms
- Moderna's protein-based Covid jab and mRNA vaccine safe for use in children, says university study
- Twitter may now directly be held responsible for every single tweet in India