Khatabook acquires SaaS business management app Biz Analyst for $10 million
- This is
Khatabook’s first strategic acquisition.
- The company hopes that it will offer value-added services to its 10 million customer base and will drive monetisation.
- Biz Analyst, launched in 2016, helps small and medium businesses to automate their daily business operations.
This is Khatabook’s first strategic acquisition. The three-year old company hopes that it will offer premium value-added services to its 10 million customer base and will drive monetization.
Biz Analyst, launched in 2016, helps small and medium businesses to automate their daily business operations and make data-driven decisions to manage sales, inventory, outstandings and productivity. It claims to have over 80,000 users and will continue to operate as a separate brand under Khatabook.
AdvertisementBiz Analyst also claims to be cash flow positive. The company’s founders Vaibhav Vasa, Mehul Sutariya, and Nilesh Zaveri will join Khatabook’s leadership team.
“The features and strengths that Biz Analyst offers are the perfect extension to our present business portfolio. The acquisition is a step forward for Khatabook in its mission to provide business efficiency to India’s MSMEs through value-added services,” said Ravish Naresh, chief executive and co-founder of Khatabook, in a statement.
Khatabook last raised funding in May 2020 from new and existing investors including Sequoia India, Partners of DST Global, Tencent, GGV, RTP Global, Hummingbird Ventures, Falcon Edge Capital, Rocketship.vc and Unilever Ventures.
Earlier in March 2020, former Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni had invested an undisclosed amount in the startup and is also the brand ambassador for the company.
Dream11 parent co raises $400 million from Netflix, Airbnb investor – valuation doubles to $5 billion
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days