Ola integrates its safety features with Bengaluru police’s Suraksha app
Olahas partnered with the Bengaluru policeand has integrated its in-app emergency button with the Bengaluru City Police control room.
- Ola had already implemented a similar feature in Hyderabad.
- This is in addition to Ola’s artificial intelligence led safety feature – Guardian.
With this, users in need of help can directly call the police from the Ola app. Once the call is placed, the police will also receive real-time access to the cab’s location, driver’s details and other details that will help them track it.
Ola said that in such cases, its Safety Response Team (SRT) too will reach out to the customer and provide on-phone assistance until the customer is safe.
“With shared cab services being a popular mode of transport in the city, Bengaluru City Police now offers great convenience and ensures the citizens of Bengaluru a secure ride-hailing experience by integrating Suraksha app with Ola application. This is a one-of-kind initiative taken by the Bengaluru City Police to ensure their citizens safety while traveling in
Ola had already implemented a similar feature in Hyderabad. This is in addition to Ola’s safety feature, Guardian.
It was recently launched in 16 cities in India and Perth, Australia. In India, the feature is available in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Kolkata, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Nagpur, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Coimbatore, Indore and Trichy.
An Artificial Intelligence led feature tracks a ride for any irregularities and alerts are sent directly to Ola’s Safety Response Team. Ola’s recent London launch also made it one of the first ride hailing services in the UK to offer a pin verification feature as a safety measure.
Meanwhile, Ola and its rival Uber have both been doubling their safety features in India. Uber had launched three new safety features in January 2020 – audio recording, ridecheck and PIN verification for the Indian market. This came in after Uber had already launched a 24X7 safety helpline for its consumers.
An Uber exec explains why all of its latest safety features get priority in India
- Reliance Retail raises another ₹1,875 crore as Silver Lake comes back with an additional investment
- India leaves borrowing calendar unchanged — sticks to its ₹12 lakh crore target for the year
- EA Play games will be available with Xbox Game Pass starting November 10
- Indians can now fly to Kenya and Bhutan under the new air bubble agreement, says Aviation Minister Puri
- Centre extends deadline for IT returns filing for 2019-20 to November 30