PhonePe is the latest to turn ‘grocery aggregator’ – with a new feature with list of stores near you
- Digital payments platform
PhonePeis the latest to enter the groceryrace.
- The company has launched a ‘Stores’ feature, which will show you a listing of stores nearby and if they are delivering.
- Ever since the lockdown has been announced, the grocery segment has been heating up with the entry of several new players.
AdvertisementDigital payments platform PhonePe is the latest to enter the grocery race. The company has launched a ‘Stores’ feature, which will show you a listing of stores nearby and whether they are delivering.
Through this feature, Phonepe listed 10 million merchant partners across India.
“During the lockdown, customers want to know which shops are actually open and home delivering. We have solved for this by introducing two filters in the Stores section ‘currently operational’ and ‘home delivery’. We keep this information updated as the situation is changing dynamically,” said Vivek Lohcheb, VP-offline business development, PhonePe.
However, PhonePe will not be delivering, instead the ‘home delivery tab’ will let you know which store will leave the essentials at your doorstep through a contactless delivery.
But to enable that contactless delivery, users can pay through Phonepe after placing the order.
“We have also introduced the ‘Pay Now’ feature on the Stores page which enables customers to make the payment remotely from within the PhonePe app without the need for scanning any QR. We believe this will be a win-win for both our merchants and customers,” said Lohcheb.
Ever since the lockdown has been announced, the grocery segment has been heating up. Zomato, the foodtech unicorn, began the delivery of groceries through Zomato Market across 150 cities. Swiggy ramped up its services to cater to 125 cities.
However, it has also seen the entry of non-delivery players like Meesho, the social commerce platform, NoBroker, a tech-enabled brokerage-free real estate platform and more.
Here's how you can kill coronavirus – developers in India get busy with new games
₹10,000 invested in SBI Cards during IPO is worth about ₹6,700 now— here’s why
Popular on BI
- Top 10 must-visit destinations in South Africa
- Indian markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Stock markets continue record run, Sensex scales 69K peak as power, bank shares advance
- Icy pebbles may be carrying water to developing planets across the cosmos!
- With $500 billion in reserves, LIC is the world’s fourth largest insurer