Swiggy sets up a Covid-19 relief fund for its delivery partners, founder Sriharsha Majety donates 50% of his annual salary
Swiggydelivery partners continue to work during the coronaviruspandemic, and the company has now set up a relief fund for them.
- Swiggy’s CEO
Sriharsha Majetydonated 50% of his annual salary.
- Meanwhile, Swiggy’s rival Zomato announced a crowdfunding campaign through its subsidiary – Feeding India, seeking donations to feed daily wagers in India.
AdvertisementSwiggy has set up a
The fund will help Swiggy’s delivery partners, who continue to work during the coronavirus pandemic. The company said that with this fund, delivery partners are now covered with Income-Protection Insurance where up to 14 days of income is insured if they are tested positive with COVID-19.
“Our industry is built on the efforts of our delivery partners. It is in times like these, that we come together to appreciate and support those who are putting their lives at risk to serve others. To assist our delivery heroes during these testing times, we have initiated this special fund which will be supported by Swiggy and our investors” says Sriharsha Majety, CEO, Swiggy.
Earlier, Swiggy announced that any and all revenue generated by it on March 22 will be donated to their safety and welfare.
Swiggy’s rival Zomato has also been working on a crowdfunding campaign. Zomato founder Deepinder Goyal earlier announced the initiative through its subsidiary – Feeding India, seeking donations to feed daily wagers in India. The startup has already collected ₹18.05 crore through the campaign.
Apollo Hospitals partners with Oyo, Zomato, SBI and others to offer 5,000 quarantine rooms to Coronavirus patients
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Google makes changes to Android and Google Play services in India after CCI setback
- 'Padma Shri' honour encapsulates my entire body of work: Raveena Tandon
- PMV Electric car with no front passenger seat enters Shark Tank but exits with no deal
- The Union Budget is round the corner, but is your budget sorted?
- Have you ever observed your mother's time management skills?: Modi on Pariksha Pe Charcha