This Indian app will now give you your social distancing score
- A new feature by the personal safety app DROR will give you your
- The app will also trace users that have come in contact with a Covid-19 patient.
- Earlier, fitness startup GoQii too had announced a contact tracing feature.
AdvertisementIn a recent interview with Business Insider, Vani Kola, managing director of Kalaari Capital, said, “During the times of crisis, entrepreneurs will connect the dots in a manner that you and I don’t see.”
And the investor was right about Indian startups. Now, a new feature by the personal safety app DROR will give you your social distancing score. The app will also trace users that have come in contact with a Covid-19 patient.
The feature gives users a social distancing score by exchanging short distance bluetooth signals between phones to detect other users of the app who are in close proximity.
“Our effort is to ensure that we encourage people by showing them their daily, weekly and last 14 days social distancing score. Our tech team has worked very hard to create this solution and we will constantly endeavor in improving our attributes. We are delighted and ready to work with the Centre and States governments,” said Dhiraj Nauhbar, DROR’s Co-Founder and CEO.
Social distancing measures are taken to restrict when and where people can gather to stop or lower the spread of infectious diseases.
With social distancing, one must isolate themselves and avoid public places completely. With social distancing in place, if one has to interact with another person they must maintain a 6-feet distance between them. While this does not avoid the spread of the virus, it lowers the chances of getting the virus.
Social distancing is the most important factor that can help nations ‘flatten the curve’ for
Earlier, fitness startup GoQii too had announced a contact tracing feature. “A first-of-its-kind initiative especially in cases of a positive detection, where users can immediately backtrack every movement and individuals that one has come in contact with, in the last few days,” the company said in a statement.
EXCLUSIVE: Coronavirus crisis will give birth to unimaginable ideas and next-gen leaders, says a top Indian VC Vani Kola
Popular on BI
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn