Tiktok India donates ₹100 crore, 400,000 hazmat suits and 200,000 masks to fight Covid-19
TikTok Indiaset aside ₹100 crore funds to fight Covid-19. It also donated 400,000 hazmat medical protective suits and 200,000 masks.
- The masks have been donated to the Delhi and Maharashtra government.
- A lot of celebrities and TikTok stars have also been pushing out awareness videos to educate the public about the safety measures regarding the crisis.
“With support from the Union Ministry of Textile, this essential gear, which meets the prescribed standards and guidelines, is being handed over to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India,” said the company’s official statement.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
The masks have been donated to the Delhi and Maharashtra government.
The coronavirus pandemic resulted in an increase in the number of TikTok users across the country. A lot of celebrities and TikTok stars have been pushing out awareness videos to educate the public about the safety measures.
Ola founder Bhavish Aggarwal also donated a year’s salary as the company raises funds to help its drivers. Zomato and Swiggy too have set up funds to help their delivery partners as well as daily wage earners.
India’s top VCs set-up ₹100 crore grant to fund ideas to fight Covid-19
- BSE and NSE suspends trading in shares of Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd (DHFL) from Monday
- Byju's most valuable startup in India and 11th in the world with a valuation of $16.5 billion
- India witnesses decline in daily COVID-19 cases with 80,834 fresh cases in last 24 hours, lowest since April 1
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp