Two teenage Stanford dropouts have made their startup worth half a billion in 7 months
- Quick grocery delivery app
Zeptohas raised $100 million in a Series C round.
- Zepto had earlier raised $60 million only 45 days ago, at a valuation of $225 million.
- It expanded its presence to Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon, Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune in the last two months.
AdvertisementQuick grocery delivery app Zepto — founded by two 19 year old Stanford dropouts only seven months ago — is now valued at $570 million by marquee investors of the Indian startup ecosystem.
Zepto was founded by Aadit Palicha and Kaivalya Vohra, and it currently delivers 2,500 products in 10 minutes flat.
The company, on December 21, announced that it has raised $100 million in a Series C round led by Y Combinator’s Continuity Fund. New and existing investors, including Glade Brook, Nexus, Breyer Capital, Lachy Groom, Global Founders Capital, Contrary Capital and others.
Zepto had earlier raised $60 million only 45 days ago, at a valuation of $225 million.
The company claims to have expanded its presence from Mumbai to Bengaluru, Delhi, Gurgaon, Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune in the last two months. The company is now looking to enter Kolkata.
Zepto’s valuation is now nearly double of Google-backed
Another competitor Swiggy, which started its
“Investors are consistently choosing to back Zepto because of our best-in-class execution. This is giving us incredible momentum - we’re growing at a phenomenal rate, customers are loving the product experience, our core unit economics are strong, and we have one of the best startup teams in India today. Suffice it to say, I’m excited about what’s to come,” Aadit Palicha, cofounder and chief executive (CEO) of Zepto, said.
AdvertisementLIC-owned IDBI Bank gets hit by ₹6,710 crore loan default by a diamond merchant, the biggest since Nirav Modi
Kavin Bharti Mittal's Hike is offering ETH to anyone who find a 'chief meme officer' or a 'crypto game economist' for the company
Why is the stock market falling so sharply today?
Popular on BI
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%