Zomato, Policybazaar-backer Info Edge's investment fund raises ₹375 crore from Temasek
- Info Edge’s investment fund called Info Edge Ventures has raised ₹350 crore from Singapore’s Temasek.
- This is a part of the ₹750 crore fundraise plan of the fund, which will invest in early-stage startups in India.
- Info Edge, the $5 billion company, runs Naukri.com, Jeevansaathi.com, 99acres.com and Shiksha.com.
AdvertisementInfo Edge’s investment fund called Info Edge Ventures has raised ₹350 crore from Singapore’s Temasek. This is a part of the ₹750 crore fundraise plan of the fund, which will invest in early stage startups in India.
“We have a deep and long standing relationship with Temasek, having partnered with them at Info Edge, as well as for investments such as Policybazaar and Zomato. We share a common vision and values and we look forward to backing great entrepreneurs in India together.” said Sanjeev Bikhchandani, Founder and Executive Vice Chairman of Info Edge.
Info Edge, the $5 billion company, runs Naukri.com, Jeevansaathi.com, 99acres.com and Shiksha.com. It counts some of India’s biggest startups like Zomato, Policybazaar in its portfolio through its earlier investment fund.
The new fund launched in January 2020 has already invested in nine early-stage startups across the sectors of e-commerce, digital media, fintech, edtech, healthtech, gaming and SaaS.
Info Edge Ventures investments so far
With the latest investment, the company will continue to invest in early-stage tech platforms. “This decade shall be an exciting time for startups as the pace of technology adoption increases dramatically in India. As a founder-first firm, Info Edge has been steadfast in supporting its portfolio companies, and at Info Edge Ventures the yardstick we would like to be measured by is the growth and the success of our portfolio companies,” said Amit Behl, Partner, Info Edge Ventures.
India has a hot new debate on its plate: Should the likes of Burger King, KFC and McDonald’s menus mention calories?
Bitcoin has doubled investor wealth in 2020 — and industry insiders say there's more to come
Popular on BI
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days