Cult.fit’s parent company Curefit is the 36th unicorn in town
Zomatoalso invested $50 million in Magicpin and $75 million in Shiprocket.
- Curefit’s deal with Zomato is two way though, it sold its Fitso business to
Curefitfor $50 million.
- Zomato and Curefit will explore cross selling opportunities between their platforms.
A unicorn, in startup parlance, is a company valued at or over a billion dollars. Curefit breached this mark with the latest round and is now valued at $1.5 billion.
Zomato also invested $50 million in Magicpin for a 16% stake and $75 million in Shiprocket for a 8% stake. Prior to this, the company invested $100 million in Grofers.
AdvertisementBusiness Insider reached out to Zomato and Curefit, seeking confirmation about the valuation. Curefit declined to comment.
Curefit’s deal with Zomato is two way though.
Zomato sold sports facilities provider Fitso — which it acquired for $10 million (₹80 crore) in January this year — to Curefit for $50 million. Separately, the publicly listed company also invested an additional $50 million cash in Curefit.
The $50 million in Curefit will give Zomato a 6.4% stake in Curefit, which is worth $100 million, the company’s Chief Executive Deepinder Goyal said in a blog post released on November 10.
“This will help us potentially explore cross-selling benefits between Zomato and Curefit, as we see food and health becoming the same side of the coin in the long term," Goyal added.
Curefit is a holistic health and wellness platform that offers fitness centers, fitness classes online, doctors consultations, therapy sessions, and more. The company was founded in 2016 by Myntra’s founder Mukesh Bansal and Flipkart’s former chief business officer Ankit Nagori.
AdvertisementThe company has raised close to $500 million, as per business insights platform Crunchbase.
Curefit raised $75 million from Tata Digital in June this year. Bansal also joined Tata Digital as its president post this funding.
Zomato has officially pulled out of all international markets
Nykaa is now bigger than Coal India, Britannia, IRCTC and almost double of Hero MotoCorp
Twitter is launching a dedicated crypto team to work on blockchain applications and Web3
Popular on BI
- When will Paytm start making money
- Going to take a digital loan? Read this before you do it
- India's GDP growth up at 8.4% in second quarter compared to a contraction of 7.4% in same period last year
- From Google to Twitter to Microsoft, here's a list of Indian CEOs currently heading top global companies
- Musk praises new Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal, says 'USA benefits from Indian talent'