Airtel ₹401 recharge offers free Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription worth ₹399
- Airtel launched a new ₹401 prepaid pack that comes bundled with Disney+
- The plan offers 3GB data for 28 days but does not offer any calling benefits.
- The Disney+ Hotstar VIP annual subscription is worth ₹399.
Disney+ was launched in India earlier this month and within one week, Disney+ Hotstar added 8 million subscribers. The new plan will further help the streaming platform to get more subscribers.
Airtel ₹401 recharge benefits
The Airtel ₹401 recharge offers 3GB data and Disney+ Hotstar VIP annual subscription which is worth ₹399 itself. However, the plan does not offer any calling or SMS benefits. This means you are paying ₹399 for the Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription and ₹2 for 3GB data.
However, it is to be noted that the VIP subscription of the streaming service offers mostly regional language movies and shows. Even Disney shows can be watched in the said languages. To avail of the full suite of the offerings, the Premium service would cost the subscriber ₹1,499 per year.
The Airtel ₹401 plan can be availed only once per year by a user to prevent misuse of the offer. “Customers will be able to recharge with this product only once in 360 days to avoid wrong selling and customer issues,” the telco told Telecom Talk.
Additionally, users can recharge with any other plan on top of the ₹401 plan to get more data and calling benefits.
"Disney+ Hotstar VIP is now available to Airtel prepaid users via Airtel retail stores and through the Airtel thanks app. This collaboration will provide users a convenient and easy way to subscribe to our service," said Prabh Simran Singh, EVP & Head Subscriptions, Hotstar said.
Similar plans from Airtel
Apart from Disney+ Hotstar subscription,
AdvertisementIn addition to the Prime subscription, the ₹349 plan from Airtel offers 2GB data per day, unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS per day with 28 days validity.
Similar plans from Jio and Vodafone Idea
Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea do not offer Disney+ Hotstar subscription with any of their plans. However, the telcos offer their own streaming platforms with their plans.
Jio offers its suite of apps including access to JioTV and JioCinema with all its plans. On the other hand, Vodafone Idea offers users access to Vodafone Play and Zee5 subscription with its plans.
India is changing its mobile habits and that can help Airtel and Vodafone
Lockdown Watchlist: Want to binge-watch a show that lasts a week? Try these long-running shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar and others
Airtel and Vodafone Idea's annual plans offer better value than Reliance Jio
Disney+ Hotstar Premium set to become the second most expensive OTT subscription in India
- Case Study: How Myntra Fashion Superstar’s The Fashion Project campaign garnered a total reach of 1.3 million
- Exports of SII vaccine blocked till March-April
- Budget 2021: From Income Tax deductions to creating jobs and boosting healthcare – Here’s all that could be in Nirmala Sitharaman’s fiscal plans
- French energy major Total proposes to acquire 20% stake in Adani Green Energy
- Petrol, diesel prices hiked again after a three day pause