Recharge in advance on Airtel and Jio to brace for tariff hikes that are coming
After Reliance Jio announced that it will start charging for off-net calls, Vodafone Idea announced that it will hike its tariffs starting from December 1. This was followed by Airtel and Reliance Jio making similar announcements, paving the way for the first industry-wide price hike since Reliance Jio’s disruptive entry in the telecom sector.
While there’s not much information about how much the tariffs will be increased, Reliance Jio’s decision to introduce recharge plans with off-net minutes has already increased its tariffs by around 15%. With this, we expect the other telcos to increase their tariffs by around 20%-30% as Jio has also announced that it will further increase its tariffs.
If you are worried about having to pay more for prepaid recharges starting December 1, there’s a way for Reliance Jio and Airtel users to save some money. The two telecom operators allow users to queue plans.
How does queuing work?
Queuing a plan means that you can do multiple recharges to stock up on prepaid plans with the current tariffs. You can activate these packs one after the other over a period of time and you will not be affected by any tariff hike.
It’s quite simple to queue a plan on Reliance Jio. Just follow the below steps:
- First select a plan to recharge with, we suggest you opt for a plan with a higher validity such as 90 days or 180 days.
- Now, recharge with this plan.
- You can go to MyJio and below the present plan, you will be able to see the queued up plans.
- You can click on the ‘Activate’ button to activate a queued-up plan.
For Airtel users, before you begin, make sure you are on an unlimited plan and not a smart recharge. Once this is done, follow the below steps to queue a plan:
- To queue a plan on Airtel, all you need to do is recharge your number with the plan of your choice from the Airtel Thanks app or the company’s website.
- Like Jio, we recommend you to opt for a plan with a validity of 90 days or 180 days for maximum benefit.
- You can see the status of your current plan and your upcoming plans on the Airtel Thanks app.
- Airtel allows you to queue plans for up to 180 days at a time.
- Russia to begin COVID-19 vaccine production within 2 weeks
- Pune district reports 2,997 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours
- Three companies qualify for submission of financial bid for new Parliament building
- Top stocks to watch today— Britannia, Hero MotoCorp, Ashok Leyland, M&M Financial, Indiabulls Housing and more
- Odisha witnesses highest single-day spike of 1,876 fresh cases