Vodafone takes on Airtel and Jio with its affordable ₹99 and ₹555 plans
Vodafonehas announced new ₹99 and ₹555 prepaid plans.
- The ₹99 plan offers 1GB data, unlimited calls and 100 SMS.
- The ₹555 plan offers 1.5GB data per day, unlimited calls and 100 SMS per day.
AdvertisementA month after revising its tariffs along with other telcos, Vodafone today announced two new plans for its prepaid customers. The newly announced ₹99 and ₹555 are currently available in select circles and offer unlimited voice calling.
Both the plans are similar to the ₹149 and ₹598 plans it offered prior to its tariff hike in December. However, the new plans have reduced validity while offering the same data and voice benefits.
In addition to unlimited calling and high-speed data allocation, these prepaid plans are bundled with a complimentary Zee5 subscription worth ₹999, and Vodafone Play subscription worth ₹499.
Vodafone ₹99 plan benefits
The new ₹99 plan from the company is aimed at subscribers who do not wish to opt for unlimited data plans and focus on unlimited voice calling. It offers 1GB data, 100 SMS and unlimited voice calls to all networks with a validity of 18 days.
Vodafone ₹555 plan benefits
As part of the ₹555 plan, Vodafone is offering 1.5GB and 100 SMSes per day and unlimited voice calls to all networks with a validity of 70 days. Interestingly, the company’s ₹599 plan offers the same benefits for 84 days.
How the new plans compete with
If we compare the new Vodafone plans with plans from Airtel and Jio, we see that other telcos do not offer plans with similar validity as Vodafone’s.
Jio has a ₹98 + ₹10 IUC top-up plan that offers 2GB data, unlimited Jio-to-Jio calls, 124 minutes non-Jio calls and 300 SMSes with a validity of 28 days. Airtel has a ₹149 plan that offers 2GB data, unlimited voice calls and 300 SMSes with a validity of 28 days.
The ₹555 plan directly competes with Jio’s ₹555 plan and Airtel’s ₹598 plan. Jio’s plan offers 1.5GB data per day, unlimited Jio-to-Jio calls, 3,000 non-Jio minutes and 100 SMSes per day for 84 days. Airtel’s ₹598 plan offers 1.5GB data per day, unlimited voice calls and 100 SMSes per day for 84 days.
Airtel, Vodafone Idea and Reliance Jio have all announced tariffs hikes to combat rising losses
Disadvantage Jio — Airtel and Vodafone Idea will continue to charge for calls on their network
India's telecom minister hits out at Vodafone for 'dictating' terms
Popular on BI
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal