BuzzFeed announces new White House correspondent after harassment-related firing
- BuzzFeed News will announce Tarini Parti is the publication's new White House correspondent.
- She replaces Adrian Carrasquillo, who was fired after sending inappropriate messages to colleagues.
In a memo obtained by Business Insider on Thursday, BuzzFeed said Capitol Hill reporter Tarini Parti will take over the White House beat after BuzzFeed's previous correspondent Adrian Carrasquillo was fired last month.
BuzzFeed News is set to announce a new White House correspondent on Friday.
A veteran of organizations including BuzzFeed News and Politico, Parti has been one of the digital news organization's most aggressive political reporters, helping to break the stories like last month's scoop that Rep. Ruben Kihuen propositioned a staffer for sex, as well as high-profile articles examining the world of Mar a Lago employees.Tarini's appointment comes several weeks after BuzzFeed's former White House correspondent was fired following an internal investigation that found he'd sent inappropriate messages to colleagues. Carrasquillo later apologized, characterizing the comments as a "crass and sexist attempt at a joke."
"We are saddened by these circumstances, but we take these issues extremely seriously," a spokesperson told Business Insider in December. "We're committed to ensuring that BuzzFeed remains a place where everyone is treated respectfully by his or her peers."BuzzFeed News investigated several of its staffers after their names appeared on a Google spreadsheet first published by BuzzFeed News itself titled "S----y Media Men," which detailed unverified allegations against men in the media and publishing industries.
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth
- Connaught Place to remain shut as farmers' tractor parade turns violent
- After violent clashes with police, farmers swarm Red Fort
- DMRC closed entry and exit gates of yellow, green, violet and blue lines in surge of farmers protest
- Delhi Police fires tear-gas shells on farmers near Akshardham temple and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar