A look inside Uber's Manhattan office, where employees of the $66 billion company have wine on tap and can bring their dogs to work
While a whopping 50 million people have already taken a total of two billion Uber rides in 425 cities around the world since the company was founded in 2009, very few know what goes on behind the scenes at the $66 billion San Francisco-based firm.
Uber, a network and app that connects riders with nearby drivers, currently employs 8,000 people (not including drivers, who are contractors). About 230 of those employees are based in Uber's Manhattan office - which we recently visited to get a clearer picture of what the culture is really like.
Here's what we saw and learned:
- Going to take a digital loan? Read this before you do it
- India's GDP growth up at 8.4% in second quarter compared to a contraction of 7.4% in same period last year
- From Google to Twitter to Microsoft, here's a list of Indian CEOs currently heading top global companies
- Musk praises new Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal, says 'USA benefits from Indian talent'
- Omicron concerns: Mumbai, Pune, Nashik postpone reopening of schools from class 1 to 7