Data analytics and other skills which can boost investment banking careers
- Companies across sectors are expanding their
investment bankingteams. These include job roles like analyst, corporate actions, client management and financial analytics.
- Financial certifications can help scale up salaries by 15%.
- Accounting and financials form is the core of Investment bankers across industries.
While banks offer training programmes to hired analysts and investment bankers, there are several finance certifications and online courses that can boost i-banking careers.
Learn these skills to enhance your career in investment banking.
Accounting and financials are core to investment banking. This includes preparing balance sheets, income statements and maintaining cash flows. For this, it is important to study how investments are recorded. Online courses in accounting incorporate case studies and tools that allow learners to prepare financial statements and factsheets.
M&A transactions (Merger & Acquisitions)
This includes underwriting of equity shares.
Financial analytics is one of the key job roles in the sector. Consultancies, audit firms, insurance companies, and investment groups hire
Investment bankers document the detailed analysis of businesses and their investment options. This can be achieved by analytical expertise like quantitative analysis, statistics and data processing.
Soft skills form the basis of any career. Investment bankers are expected to negotiate with clients, convince them for the company’s business plans — which requires communication and presentation skills.
Other soft skills include management and leadership ability to assess capabilities across teams.
Learn these 4 skills to become a top notch digital marketing expert
Learn these 6 technical skills for a career in software development — and its more than just programming languages
Microsoft’s four-day work week idea will be good for Indians— but there is a lot to be fixed before that
Popular on BI
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes