Experian, a global analytics company plans to create 2,500 jobs in data analytics
Business analyticscompany Experianexpands in Indian markets with its new Development Centre in Hyderabad, employing 200 engineers.
- The development is expected to create another 2,500 jobs in the emerging technologies — including data
analyticsover the next four years.
- Globally, the company employs over 17,000 professionals across 44 countries.
“Our growth in India over the past several years coupled with sustained investments such as these will propel India to play a significant role in Experian’s overall growth story for the years to come,” said Sathya Kalyanasundaram, country head of Experian India. It currently employs 200 people.
This will also increase demand for skilled data science professionals. As per LinkedIn, India is estimated to have less than 10% of data scientists available globally. As of now, nearly 50,000 jobs in data and analytics are lying vacant in the country, shows a survey done by Analytics Vidhya and ed-tech platform Great Learnings.
Data analytics focuses on processing the data — which includes extraction, cleaning and moving the data to create datasets and present the data. Mathematics and analytical bent of mind are the key skills that are core to a data science career.
“AI and ML tools are being used across the lifecycle of workflows and projects across organisations. Given that, companies need to hire employees who drive business value from their data and analytics capabilities, Neeti Sharma, Senior VP,
Globally, the company employs over 17,000 professionals across 44 countries.
The top five tech majors — Google, Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook are one of the biggest employers of data scientists and engineers. Python is the most preferred data science skill across sectors like retail, manufacturing and e-commerce, as per the Data Science Skills study 2019.
Here’s why it might be the best time to opt for a career in data analytics
Data scientists with 3 years experience can earn ₹20 lacs per annum
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- The good news is, only old office buildings are doomed. The bad news is, that's 70% of them.
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- Musical Marathon: Backstreet Boys to Ultra music fests are ready to rock India in 2023
- IPL 2023 new rules – from two team sheets to impact player, here are the new rules
- Current Account Deficit narrows to 2.2% of GDP in Q3: RBI data
- No festive cheer for auto cos in March: PV sales ‘flattish’, 2Ws to see a slight uptick
- Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained