Facebook built an entire 'Game of Thrones'-themed kingdom for its employee holiday party, complete with White Walkers, swords and archery
- Facebook's annual holiday party for employees was "Game of Thrones"-themed in 2019.
- The lavish event took place over two days at Pier 8o on the waterfront in San Francisco, California.
- It comes after another tough year for Facebook, including increased regulatory scrutiny and a $5 billion FTC fine.
- The glitzy party included White Walkers, a marching band, an archery course, and a feasting call.
- Keep reading to see employees' photos from inside the exclusive event.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
Winter is coming, and Facebook employees are stoked.
Earlier this month, employees of the California social networking giant let their hair down in an extravagant end-of-year "Game of Themes"-themed holiday party - complete with luxurious medieval decorations, White Walkers, archery, and a larger-than-life iron throne.
It's been another rocky year for Facebook. Still smarting from scandals like Cambridge Analytica, the company has attempted to repair user trust and make big changes in 2019 - but has been beset by further challenges over the last 12 months, including a $5 billion fine from the FTC, intense regulatory and political scrutiny over its Libra digital currency plans, fierce debate over the role of fact-checking in political advertising, and CEO Mark Zuckerberg being hauled in front of Congress for a second time.
The $564 billion company decided to end the year with a bang, and threw an ostentatious Westerosi bash for its employees in the Bay Area at Pier 80 in the Dogpatch neighbourhood of San Francisco. It took place across two nights, December 6 and 7.
Facebook has a taste for extravagant employee parties. In 2018, it create a giant winter village in San Francisco for its employees, complete with chainsaw ice-sculpting and frolicking elves, as Business Insider first reported at the time.
The 2019 party encompassed all of Facebook's main apps and services - Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, Messenger, and Facebook itself - and on-brand employees were quick to post photos of the festivities on social media, offering a sneak peak inside the exclusive event. Check it out:
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones
- Creating a search friendly resume – Here’s how to crack the ATS code
- Gold rush: Don’t recycle or book profits yet, another bull-run on the way say analysts
- Best kitchen vegetable stands in India
- Pencil maker Doms to kick off December IPO season, fixes price band at ₹750-790