These two B-schools have seen placement offers as good as those at IIMs
- IIMs aside, other B-schools like Faculty of Management Studies Delhi and
Management Development Institute(MDI) students also receive high paying job offers. FMS Delhirecorded its highest ever average salary package at ₹25.6 lakh while the highest package went up to ₹58.6 lakh per annum.
- Meanwhile, the average compensation at MDI too increased by 9.5% at ₹22.05 lakh.
- Both the institutions clocked in 100% placements this season.
Students of other B-schools like Faculty of Management Studies Delhi and Management Development Institute (MDI) are receiving salary offers that are just as good. This year, on average, FMS Delhi students received job offers that paid ₹25.6 lakh. The best paying job offer went as high as ₹58.6 lakh per annum.
This is the kind of high paying salaries that are generally associated with IIMs, XLRI and others. Thanks to A-list recruiters like Capgemini, McKinsey & Co, Flipkart, Airtel and Xiaomi, almost 75% of FMS students received offers that paid above ₹20 lakh. That is three in four students. For the top performing quartile, the salaries went as high as ₹37.5 lakh.
Though FMS ranks 35th in top Indian B-schools, the students who get admission to this Delhi University-affiliated college have to score 99% in CAT. However, due to public university affiliation, the fees are around ₹65,000 per year while the IIMs cost a massive ₹10 lakh per annum.
Startups and other businesses come hiring at elite B-schools
The high salaries of FMS students is not an aberration. In fact, across elite schools average compensations have been growing in spite of the slowdown. The average compensation at MDI too increased by 9.5% at ₹22.05 lakh, thanks to startups and new-age businesses looking for bright, fresh minds.
Amazon offered the highest package at ₹40.5 lakh and 41 offers came from the ecommerce sector. Other recruiters were Flipkart, Oyo and PhonePe. The increased demand for digital skills across job roles seems to be working in favour of fresh graduates.
“When you talk about digital businesses, they will definitely look at retaining talent with digital skills. The e-commerce sector has seen the highest growth, in terms of hiring at nearly 141%, compared to last year,” Kanwal Kapil, Dean of Placements at MDI told Business Insider.
AdvertisementThe growing trend of summer placements and pre-placement offers too might have had an effect on the increased interest of recruiters. MDI said that it received 36% more pre-placement offers at 68. During the summer placements as well, both the two institutes witnessed a 40% and 14% increase in offers from consulting companies, respectively. Needless to say, both the universities clocked in 100% placements this season.
These are the starting salaries offered to B-school students in India
India’s best minds from IIM Ahmedabad, XLRI are heading to consulting firms
Indian B-schools are beating the slowdown with average salary offers at ₹2.5 million
- Farmer unions now announce plan to march towards Parliament on Budget day
- Pradhan Mantri Bal Puraskar to be awarded to 32 children on Republic Day
- Birla is making Asian Paints and Berger Paints change colours— and it’s bad news for those who got shares in Indigo IPO too
- Farmers to march towards Parliament from different locations on Budget day on February 1: Farmer leader Darshan Pal. PTI TRS GJS GJS TIR TIR
- Apple doubles its India market share this winter thanks to the launch of its online store and sales of iPhone 11, XR and 12