GATE Exam 2022: Today is the last date to register, here are all other details and how to register online
- GATE entrance test is for undergraduates who wish to pursue Master’s or Doctoral in engineering and science in India.
- September 24 is the last date for online registration for the
GATE exam. A late fine of ₹500 would be charged if a candidate registers after 24 September.
- The dates of examination are February 5,6,12 and 13 in 2022. This may be subject to change if forced by the pandemic or related situation.
Note: A late fine of ₹500 would be charged if a candidate registers after 24 September.
The Graduate aptitude test in engineering (GATE) entrance test is for undergraduates who wish to pursue Master’s or Doctoral in engineering and science in India. The marks scored in GATE are also used by some Public Sector Undertaking (PSUs) for recruitment.
The dates of examination are February 5,6,12 and 13 in 2022. This may be subject to change if forced by the pandemic or related situation. The examination will be conducted in these centres — IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee.
Applicants will have to pay an application fee to appear for the entrance exam. It is ₹750 for females, candidates belonging to scheduled castes (SC) or scheduled tribes (ST), and persons with disabilities (PwD) and ₹1500 for males and other candidates.
Eligibility criteria for the examination
A candidate who is currently studying in the third or higher year of any undergraduate degree program or has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering /Technology /Architecture /Science /Commerce /Arts.
How to fill the online application form?
- Open the official website of GATE on any smart device.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ on the right-hand side of your screen.
- You will be directed to another page, create a new login id and password.
- After logging in, the main application form will appear on your screen, fill out all the details as asked.
- Then, scan all the required documents and upload them.
- After uploading, pay the application fee through the prescribed payment gateways.
- Cross-check your details carefully.
- After verifying, hit the ‘Submit’ button.
- Save the application form for future reference.
It’s not just tech — there is a severe shortage of talent in these sectors
Adani Transmission, Saregama India and five other stocks that have gained at least 500% in the last one year
Popular on BI
- Finance minister holds pre-budget stakeholder consultation with BJP functionaries
- Amazon Sale: Best deals on kitchen items and dining products
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen appliances
- India records 2,71,202 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, active cases highest in 225 days
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on laptops