Hike is hiring game designers, economists and psychologists to build a ‘smart’ team
- In an interview with Business Insider,
Kavin Bharti Mittal, founder & CEO of Hike Messengersaid that he wants to employ psychologists to understand “why people do what they do?”
- The game designers will be working on the Hike’s new social experience —
- Hike is also looking for a crypto economist. The role demands digital skills including blockchain, consensus algorithms, bonding curves, mining.
In an interview with Business Insider, Kavin Bharti Mittal, founder & CEO of Hike Messenger said that he wants to employ ‘smart’ people to fit into the company’s fast-paced culture. “One thing about us is, we like keeping our teams small. We’re 150 people and we like that size. We’ll be hiring game designers, economists and psychologists — for a deeper understanding about why people do what they do?” Mittal said.
The game designers will be working on the Hike’s new social experience — HikeLand, he added. He said that Hike has no ties with the offline world — which explains the lower demand for technology roles.
In his recent tweet, Mittal also advertised for the opening of a crypto economist for Hike. The role demands digital skills including blockchain, consensus algorithms, bonding curves, and
“It is someone who can help us explore and design a new type of blockchain economy. You should have a deep understanding of blockchain, consensus algorithms, bonding curves, mining and more,” he tweeted.
♀️We're hiring a Crypto Economist! ♂️ Someone to help us explore & design a new type of blockchain economy. Yo… https://t.co/21QXvKoEfx— Kavin Bharti Mittal (@kavinbm) 1581054102000
Mittal also added that the company is looking for typical quintessential technical roles — including front-end engineers, backend engineers, ML scientists, UX designers. However, he emphasised that they hire very ‘selectively.’
“We are looking to expand our team but we hire very selectively. That’s because we like running small teams. We will at maximum add 50 people in 2020 — taking the total headcount to 200 employees,” he said.
The seven-year old chatting platform is now set to launch its new feature with enhanced user experience called HikeLand. The company is also looking to experiment with revenues this year — to trade off between what can be offered free and what has to be kept as a paid service.
Mittal claims that the messenger app had over two million active users every week, as of December 2019.
Exclusive: Kavin Mittal says Hike will look to make money this year —here's how
Hike takes on Snapchat, launches in-built camera with face recognition skills and other new features
- SIMPLY PUT: Watch out for production linked incentives in the budget — here’s how it will work
- Surgeries, invasive procedures and OPDs to resume at all Delhi government hospitals
- OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei launches a new consumer tech company and it's literally called Nothing
- Parachute and Saffola maker Marico says almost all of its products are back in demand – more importantly, the recovery is in rural India
- World's two richest men — Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk — are now fighting over satellite Internet projects